Senior Full Stack Developer
Vancouver, BC | Full time | Development
who we are:
JOIN INC. 5000’S FASTEST GROWING MEDIA COMPANY IN AMERICA!
As a talented developer, you focus on the big picture and are able to give and accept feedback from your peers. You are unafraid to ask questions and you rise to the occasion by learning and teaching new concepts. Working with our 25+ person team will give you the opportunity to tackle fun new challenges while making a big impact in a collaborative and culture driven environment. Our Vancouver Team is passionate about building tools that advance the music industry to modernize the way artists create, distribute, and get paid.
Our team is currently working remotely until further notice. We will consider resuming some work from the office should the situation improve, but employee health and safety is our top priority. We are currently accepting applicants out of province to work remotely. All interviews and subsequent meetings will be conducted online.
WHO WE ARE
We are Create Music Group, one of the fastest growing music technology companies in the entertainment industry. We monetize over 8 billion monthly music streams and are currently one of the largest music rights holders in the world. We operate a number of different services out of our 22,000 sq ft HQ in the heart of Hollywood, Los Angeles (US) including: music distribution, music publishing, YouTube monetization, artist development, brand development, and production. Check us out at createmusicgroup.com.
We collaborate with some of the most influential personalities and musicians including Future, Migos; Marshmello, Porter Robinson, Dillon Francis, Don Diablo; Young Thug, Trippie Redd, Soulja Boy; Jacob Sartorius, and others. We are at the forefront of the entertainment industry and looking for someone to join us and to become a part of the Create family.
MORE ABOUT US
Our team in Vancouver is the heart of Create Music Group’s technology! We commit to building a community where our employees are valued for their contributions and perspectives. You will be working with a team where the impact of what you do really matters. While we are extremely hardworking and focused, Create Music Group also believes in a healthy work/life balance. Our high-energy culture is a great place for personal growth and career success. If you are motivated, have a positive attitude, enjoy challenges and want to be part of a growing team – then we want to hear from you!
Send us an email with a short paragraph (2 – 3 sentences) of your goals as a developer, and another short paragraph (2 – 3 sentences) about how you think working at Create Music Group can get you there.
Attach your resume as a PDF and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add “Senior Full Stack Developer Application” in the subject line.
Link us anything else you want- your portfolio, website, socials, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to excellence through diversity.
who you are:
- You have strong organizational abilities, which allow you to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- You are exceptional at writing scalable, reliable, secure, and highly performant code
- You are able to think and act independently
- You are able to collaborate with and mentor other developers in a team environment
- You enjoy participating in code reviews, design reviews, as well as architecture and coding practice discussions for products and features
- You are quick to learn and identify new technologies, trends, and opportunities for improving our products and overall business
- You have a Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- You have 5+ years experience as a Senior Full Stack Developer
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient with at least one functional or imperative programming language (ie. PHP, Node.js, Python)
- You are proficient with at least one MVC framework (ie. Laravel, Symfony)
- You are proficient with relational database systems (ie. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- You have experience building RESTful APIs and integrating with 3rd party APIs
- You have experience using cloud computing platforms (ie. AWS, GCP)
- You have experience working in a TDD environment
- Relaxed dress code
- Pet friendly office
- Collaborative & exciting work environment
- Room for growth within company
Send your resume and cover letter to . Tell us why you think you would be a great fit for this position, and an even better fit with our team. Link us anything else you want - your portfolio, website, socials, etc.
NOTE: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
Join California’s fastest growing company according to Inc. magazine!